Dr. U. Sreedhar
M.Sc.(Ag.); Ph.D., PGDHRM, PGDESD
Head, Division of Crop Protection
Division of Crop Protection,
ICAR-Central Tobacco Research Institute,
RAJAHMUNDRY -533 105,
Phone (Mobile): 9397903313
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment Record * Head i/c , Division of Crop Protection 2014 – 2016
* Head, Division of Crop Protection 2009-14
* Principal Scientist 2006 onwards
* Senior Scientist 1998-2006
* Scientist 1989-1998.
Area of Interest
Integrated Pest Management, Insect ecology, host plant resistance, biological control, ecotoxicology of insecticides
Publications 1. Sreedhar, U., Sitaramaiah, S. and Padmaja, K. (2007). Evaluation of trap crops for management of budworm, Helicoverpa armigera in flue cured Virginia tobacco. Indian Journal of Plant Protection 35 (2): 213-217.
2. U. Sreedhar, S. Sitaramaiah G. Ramaprasad and S. Nageswararao. 2008. Management of tobacco budworm, Helicoverpa armigera with sequential application of conventional and bio-rational insecticides. Tobacco Research. 34: 29-34.
3. Sreedhar, U., Prasad, J.V., Rao, C.V.N. and Padmaja, K. (2010). Stem application of insecticides for management of tobacco aphid, Myzus nicotianae in tobacco. Indian Journal of Plant Protection39 (2): 100-104.
4. Sreedhar, U. (2011). Evaluation of tobacco genotypes for resistance to insect pests. Indian Journal of Plant Protection 39 (3): 183-185.
5. U.Sreedhar. 2011. Evaluation of IGRs against Helicoverpa armigera on tobacco. Annals of Plant Protection Sciences.19 (2): 336-339.
6. Sreedhar, U. (2011). Influence of trap crop planting geometry on budworm, Helicoverpa armigerain flue cured Virginia tobacco. Indian Journal of Plant Protection 39 (3): 196-199.
7. Sreedhar, U. (2012). Management of bud worm (Helicoverpa armigera) in Virginia tobacco through pest diversionary approach. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences 82 (7): 731-734.
8. U.Sreedhar. 2012. Relationship of Spodoptera litura (Fab.) moth catch in pheromone traps with weather and its incidence in tobacco nurseries. Tobacco Research 38 (1): 1-4.
9. Sreedhar, U. (2014). Management of tobacco stem borer, Scrobipalpa heliopa low in Virginia tobacco. Indian Journal of Plant Protection 42 (1): 6-10.
10. U. Sreedhar and R.Subbarao. 2014. Development and evaluation of pest management modules in burley tobacco. Tobacco Research. 40 (2): 97-102.
• Dr. R.P. Srivastava Memorial Natioanl Award (Gold Medal) for outsanding contributions in the field of Entomology - 2014
• Crystal National Agri Award 2014 for Outstanding Contribution to Agricultural Research
• Dr. G.J. Patel Gold Medal for Outstanding Research in Crop Protection- 1998
• Sri. Devappa Award for Outstanding Research in Tobacco Crop Protection - 1995
• Best Research Paper Presentation Award - Entomological Research Association, Udaipur - 2014
• ISTS Best Research Paper Award 2005, 2009 & 2011
• Fellow Entomological Society of India, New Delhi
• Fellow Plant Protection Association of India, Hyderabad
• Fellow Indian Society of Tobacco Science, Rajahmundry
• Fellow Society for Plant Protection Sciences, New Delhi
• Research Guide for P.G. Students of Andhra University, Visakhapatnam; Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur & Adikavi Nannaya University, Rajahmundry.
• Secretary, Indian Society of Tobacco Science 2009-13
• Editor, Tobacco Research Journal 2007-09