Dr. S. Kasturi Krishna
Head, Division of Crop Production
ICAR-Central Tobacco Research Institute,
Bhaskar Nagar RAJAHMUNDRY - 533 105
Phone (Mobile): 9440481561
Email Address: email@example.com
Employment Record •
• Head Division of Crop Production from 28.10.2014
• Principal Scientist, CTRI, Rajahmundry, 13.02.2010 to 27.10.14
• Senior Scientist, CTRI, Rajahmundry, 13.02.2004 to 12.02.2010
• Scientist (SS), CTRI, Rajahmundry, 01.09.2000 to 12.02.2004
• Scientist (SS) CTRI RS, Jeelugumilli,13.02.1999 to 30.08.2000
• Scientist , CTRI, Rajahmundry, 16.08.1997 to 12.02.1999
• Scientist, CTRI RS Jeelugumilli, 14.03.1997 to 16.8.1997
• Scientist, IGFRI, Jhansi, 24.07.1995 to 12.03.1997
. Scientist, NAARM, Hyderabad,13.02.1995 to 23.07.95
Area of Interest Weed management, Post harvest technology
1. Kasturi Krishna, S. and Ahlawat, I.P.S. (2000). Effect of moisture stress and phosphorus, sulphur and zinc fertilizers on growth and development of pea (Pisumsativum). Indian Journal of Agronomy 45 (2): 353-356.
2. Kasturi, K. and Purushothaman, S. (1992). Nutrient uptake and economics as affected by varieties and fertilizers in ratoonrice(Oryza sativa). Indian Journal of Agronomy 37 (4): 808-807.
3. Kasturi Krishna, S., Krishna Reddy, S.V. and Krishnamurthy. V. (2003). Effect of spacing, levels of nitrogen and topping on yield and quality of irrigated Natu tobacco variety Kommugudem grown in alfisols of Andhra Pradesh. Tobacco Research 29 (2): 126-32.
4. Kasturi Krishna, S., Krishna, Reddy, S.V. and Reddy, P.R.S. (2004). Performance of flue cured Virginia tobacco (Nicotianatabacum) - based cropping systems under irrigated Alfisols of Andhra Pradesh. Indian Journal of Agronomy 49 (3): 201-204.
5. Kasturi Krishna, S., Harishukumar, P., Krishna Reddy, S.V., Subba Rao, R. and Nageswara Rao, M. (2004). Conservation tillage for Rabi crops in Sequential cropping systems under vertisols. Andhra Agricultural Journal 50: 399-400.
6. Kasturi Krishna, S., Krishna Reddy, S.V., Deo Singh, K. Subba Rao, R., Harishu Kumar, P. and Krishnamurthy, V. (2007). Yield, quality and economics of FCV tobacco (Nicotiana tabacum) in relation to preceding crops and nitrogen in Vertisols of Andhra Pradesh. Indian Journal of Agronomy 52 (3): 212-215.
7. Krishna Reddy, S.V., Kasturi Krishna, S. and Reddy, P.R.S. (2008). Irrigation scheduling based on IW/CPE ratio approach for better yield and quality of FCV tobacco (Nicotiana tabacum) cv. Kanchan in irrigated Alfisolsof Andhra Pradesh. Tobacco Research 34 (1&2): 35-42.
8. Chandrasekhararao, C., Anuradha, M., Sivaraju, K., Kasturi Krishna, S., Ravisankar, H. and Krishnamurty, V. (2009). Prediction of growth and drymatter production of flue-cured Virginia tobacco (Nicotianatabacum) using mathematical models in irrigated Alfisols of Andhra Pradesh. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences 79 (12): 991-95.
9. Kasturi Krishna, S., Krishna Reddy, S.V., Krishnamurty, V. And Anuradha, M. (2010). Effect of N and K levels on proportion of lamina and midrib in different leaf positions of FCV tobacco (Nicotianatabacum). Tobacco Research 36 (1&2): 109-111.
10. Kasturi Krishna, S., Krishna Reddy, S.V., Harishu Kumar, P, Krishnamurthy, V., Nageswara Rao, M. (2010). Agronomic and economic evaluation of alternative cropping systems for FCV tobacco (Nicotianatabacum) on vertisols of Andhra Pradesh. Indian Journal of Agronomy 55 (4): 270-275.
Awards/Honors 1. Best Poster presentation Award, 2002. National Symposium on “Agriculture in changing global scenario” held at IARI, New Delhi.
2. Best Poster presentation Award, 2004. National Seminar on “Resource management for sustainable Agriculture” Technical session-I (Soil and water management) held at Agricultural college, Bapatla.
3. ISTS Combined award, 2003. National symposium on tobacco “Facing future challenges” held at ITA auditorium, Guntur.
4. ITA Award, 2000 for outstanding contribution in Agronomy of FCV tobacco for the Triennium 1998-2000. ISTS
5. Reviewer for the following Journals:
• Indian Journal of soil conservation
• African Journal of Agricultural Research
• African Research Journal
• Tobacco Research