Make: Thermo scientific
• Sample Size: 1microliter
• Path Length: 1mm (with auto-ranging to 0.2mm)
• Light Source: Xenon flash lamp
• Detector Type: 2048- element linear silicon CCD array
• Wavelength Range: 220-750nm
• Wavelength Accuracy:1nm
• Detection Limit : 2ng/microliter(ds DNA)
• Maximum Concentration : 3700ng/microliter(ds DNA)
• Measurement Cycle Time:10seconds
The Thermo Scientific NanoDrop™1000 Spectrophotometer measures 1µl samples with high accuracy and reproducibility. The full spectrum (220nm-750nm) spectrophotometer utilize sap tented sample retention technology that employs surface tension alone to hold the sample in place. This eliminates the need for cumbersome cuvette sand other sample containment devices and allows for cleanup in seconds.
UV/VIS spectrophotometry is simple for samples as small as1µl using the NanoDrop1000 Spectrophotometer.
• Nucleic acid concentration and purity of nucleic acid samples upto 3700 µg/ul (ds DNA) without dilution
• Purified protein analysis (A280) upto100mg/ml (BSA)
• Bradford Assay analysis of protein
• BCA Assay analysis of protein
• Lowry Assay analysis of protein
• Pierce Protein 660nm Protein Assay
• Cell density measurements
• General UV-Vis spectrophotometry
1. Apply 5µl of d H20 solution on to each bottom pedestal.
2. Lower the up pedestal arm to form a liquid column; let it sit for approximately 2-3 minutes.
3. Wipe away the water from both the upper and lower pedestal with a clean lab wipe and 1µl of sample can be loaded for measurement