Make: Thermo scientific
WX Ultra 90 The instrument has following features • Maximum speed – 90,000 rpmt
• Maximum RCF – 692.149 * g (T-890)
• Speed control accuracy - ±10 rpm (1,000 rpm to maximum speed)
• Acceleration/ deceleration control - about 5 minutes from 0 to 100,000 rpm or vice versa
• Rotor temperature /display accuracy - ±0.5ºC set temperature is from 0ºC to 40ºC
• Set speed – 1000 rpm to maximum speed in increments of 100 rpm
The particles get separated according to their size, shape, density, viscosity of the medium and rotor speed. The centrifuge involves principle of sedimentation, where the acceleration at centripetal force causes denser substances to separate out along the radial direction at the bottom of the tube
• Use only rotors and accessories for this centrifuge which have been approved by Thermo Fisher Scientific. Exceptions to this rule are commercially available glass or plastic centrifuge tubes, provided they have been approved for the speed or the RCF value of the rotor.
• Do not move the centrifuge while it is running.
• Do not lean on the centrifuge
• Do not use rotors which show any signs of corrosion and / or cracks.
• Use only with rotors which have been loaded properly. Follow the instructions given in the rotor manual.
• Never over load the rotor. Follow the instructions given in the rotor manual.
• Never start the centrifuge when the lid is open.
• Never open the lid until the rotor has come to a complete stop and this has been confirmed in the display.
• Rotor installation: make sure the rotor is locked properly into place before operating the centrifuge.
• Always balance the samples. Centrifuging hazardous substances:
• Do not centrifuge explosive or flammable materials or substances which could react violently with one another.