CTRI RESEARCH STATION, GUNTUR
GUNTUR DISTRICT - 522004, Andhra Pradesh. Phone : 0863-231892
Name of the Head (in-charge): Dr P. VENKATESWARULU
The CTRI Research Station, Guntur was established in 1936 under aegis of Imperial Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi. In October 1965 it was brought under the administrative and technical control of Indian Council of Agricultural Research, New Delhi. It is a purely black soil farm with high content of clay, pH ranging from 8 to 8.5, low in organic carbon, medium in phosphorus and high in potassium.
1. Evolving high yielding FCV, Natu and HDBRG varieties.
2. Maintenance of Germplasm of Natu / HDBRG tobaccos.
3. Developing suitable crop management practices for higher yield and quality.
4. To work out alternative cropping systems to FCV tobacco.
5. To develop pest management modules for effective control of major insect pests.